Child welfare covers allowances and services for families whose members live in the City of Tartu according to the data of the Population Register of Estonia. In order to obtain general information, it is necessary to visit a child protection specialist or a social work specialist of the regional centre of the place of residence.
- Supplementary child allowance upon the birth of a child in the event of the first child is 512 euros and from the third child of the family is 640 euros. The allowance is paid in three parts. Application (in English) / Application (in Arabic)
- Allowance for the payment of nursery school attendance fees and for school meals provided to children who attend nursery school, basic school, upper secondary school or vocational school.
- Allowance for children of less privileged families who start form one.
- Supplementary social allowance for less privileged families for covering the indispensable expenses of children, e.g. for buying school supplies, clothes or footwear.
- School allowance for children who start forms 1 to 3. An application may be submitted in the school office of the child or in the ARNO e-environment (www.tartu.ee/arno).
- Free rides in city buses for families that raise four or more children of up to 18 years of age.
Allowances for families with a disabled child
Allowances for families with a disabled child help the daily coping and employment of the family. In order to obtain general information and fill in applications, it is necessary to visit a child protection specialist who is engaged in services for disabled children.
- A periodic caregiver’s allowance for a parent of a disabled child along with payment of social tax for the applicant.
- A support person service for supporting the everyday activities of a disabled child.
- A childcare service for supporting daily care for a disabled child.
- A transport service for taking a disabled child to a nursery school or school and, if necessary, to medical treatment.
The translation has been made under the “Exchange of information by Department of Social Welfare and Health Care of Tartu City Government about public services” project of the Department of Social Welfare and Health Care of Tartu City Government and is co-financed by the European Union through the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund and by the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Estonia.