Parking charges apply on working days from 8 to 18. Parking is free on weekends and national holidays.
Zone A – red
Zone B – blue
Pedestrian Zone – green
The area where parking charges apply is divided into two zones: the charge for parking for one hour in Zone A is 2 EUR, in Zone B the charge for one hour is 1 EUR.
If you indicate the starting time, you are entitled to 15 minutes of free parking in Zone A and up to 90 minutes in Zone B. Parking ticket machines automatically extend the ticket by the free parking time.
If you prefer to use your mobile phone to make use of the free parking time arrangement, simply indicate the Zone and the respective number (A15 / B90).
If you park without paying, the fine for delayed payment is 30 EUR.
- Parking Ticket Machine – in cash (accepts 10, 20 and 50 cent coins as well as 1 and 2 EUR coins) or by card payment.
- Mobile Payment – (send a text to short code 1902, using the following format: vehicle registration plate, space, designation of the parking zone (123ABC A15 / B90). To end your parking time call 1903. For information call 1910).
- Parking Permit – parking permits for a month or year are sold at the Tartu Information Centre on the ground floor of City Hall (phone +372 736 1101). You can obtain a parking permit for a day at a parking ticket machine by paying for five hours of parking.
- Online – at the web portal www.parkimine.ee/en
- Parking App for Smart Devices – we recommend using parking apps Parkimine.ee (Ühisteenused AS), Pargi.ee (Telia Eesti AS) or Autlo (Autlo OÜ).
|Time||Zone A||Zone B|
Paid and guarded car parks can be found at Anne 48, Põhja puiestee 16 and Tähe 106a.
Paid car parks in shopping centres in the city centre area:
Tasku, Turu 2: http://www.tasku.ee/parking
Kvartal, Riia 2 (in Estonian): http://www.kvartal.com.ee/parkla
Tartu Kaubamaja, Riia 1 (in Estonian): https://www.kaubamaja.ee/meist/kulasta-meid-kaubamajas/parkimine
In private parking areas rates may vary.
You can take a parking brochure from the Information Centre in the Town Hall.