Participative budget ideas to be introduced on Kaarsild Bridge
Tartu City Government Press Release
20 September / This year’s ideas for Tartu’s participative budget can be viewed at the Kaarsild Bridge exhibition, where each of the 23 proposals will be on display, with residents of Tartu being able to choose the ones they like best during the popular vote taking place from 6–12 October 2022.
In addition to the Kaarsild exhibition, the ideas can be viewed online (www.tartu.ee/en/participativebudgeting) and, starting at the beginning of October, also in the Town Hall Information Centre.
At 17.00 on 5 October, those interested are welcome to visit the Arts of Survival Hall, part of the European Capital of Culture Tartu 2024, where the authors of the ideas will present their ideas and answer questions about how their idea will help make Tartu a better place. The event will also be broadcast live, and can be followed via the Tartu homepage and the City of Tartu’s Facebook page.
You can vote electronically from 6–12 October, either via the local government information system Volis or by visiting the Town Hall Information Centre. During participative budget voting, each resident of Tartu can vote for up to three ideas. The two ideas receiving the most votes will be implemented next year.
Registered residents of the City of Tartu from the age of 14 and all young people aged 14–26, who are studying at a general education school, vocational educational institution, institution of professional higher education or university in the City of Tartu, can vote.
1. Pedestrian friendly traffic lights
2. Take a seat, please!
3. Public water taps
4. Emajõgi bank maintenance
5. Book lending lockers next to Tartu libraries
6. Improving road safety near Tartu schools
7. Swings in Tartu urban space
8. Skiing and snowboarding slope in Tartu Snow Park
9. Noise radars in Tartu
10. Pump track in Ülejõe Park
11. Sunset terrace in Ülejõe Park
12. Bus stop bookcases
13. Raatuse residence linear park
14. Ropka outdoor gym
15. Pedestrian crossings on light traffic roads beside railway
16. Beverage packaging collection boxes
17. Outdoor gym at Tamme Stadium
18. Upgrading food sharing cabinets in Tartu
19. Tartu, the true green capital
20. Adding signposts to Ihaste forest trails
21. Building work and leisure areas in Maarjamõisa Park
22. An observation tower by River Emajõgi
23. Pedestrian crossings in Karlova
Last changed 20.09.2022